(WGoTS) Westeros Game of Thrones Sims

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(WGoTS) Was created by true intersim and Roleplay minded individuals to allow a fully immersive Roleplay by the individual - without the instruction of Mods detailing what your RP would be and the character you would have...

Keywords

Latest topics

» Endellion Greyjoy
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:30 pm by Endellion Greyjoy

» Latest Rumors in the Reach
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:58 am by BandorTyrell

» New Arrivals
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:34 pm by BandorTyrell

» Bandor Tyrell
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:18 pm by BandorTyrell

» A Short Journey
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm by Wenna

» House Darklyn
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 am by Arin_Darklyn

» Duncan Arryn
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:02 pm by Duncan Arryn

» The Queen interrogates Ginevra
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 pm by Ginevra Lannister

» Jon Snows Daddy *Possible SPOILER ALERT*
Using OOC information IC I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:23 am by Brigit

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

2 posters

Using OOC information IC

Brigit
    Brigit
    Admin
    Admin

Using OOC information IC Empty Using OOC information IC

Post by Brigit Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:10 pm

I really feel using OOC information IC is wrong, constitutes invalid rp and should not be tolerated in WGoTS. It WILL NOT be tolerated in KL and Lord Lorch was not the only one effected thus far by it, as it seems my charater, Aidan's character among others also have been. RE: Lord Lorch's post in his Character Registration. I was going to wait til tomorrow to post this, but it seems tensions are running high and there are quite a few people upset about it.
    Elaena Velaryon
    Elaena Velaryon
    Admin
    Admin

Using OOC information IC Empty re: Using OOC information IC

Post by Elaena Velaryon Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:38 am

And that is why the RP in the full was struck from the board. I apologize Brigit, I had not realized I was Godmodding, it will not happen again.... Suffice it to say a valuable lesson was learned - but no one is perfect.
    Brigit
    Brigit
    Admin
    Admin

Using OOC information IC Empty Re: Using OOC information IC

Post by Brigit Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:52 pm

We all learn. Thank you for striking the rp. It takes a lot of fortitude to admit when an error is made, and even more to make it right. It is appreciated. Smile

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:52 pm

While we are on the subject of RP, theres something thats been kind of bugging me for awhile now. I know that everyone is a fan of the books/ show but how hard do we really have to stick to the original storyline?
    As far as Iam concerned Iam playing it as if the future of Westeros hasnt happened yet, and can still be changed. I.E. The Starks dont HAVE to be rebels against Targaryans, Lannisters may not end up becoming the richest house in with land, Hell, as far as Iam concerned one of the 'lesser' houses should be able to over throw one of the 'greater' houses and end up as a 'greater' house themselves (Such as Lorch house overthrowing and/or killing off the entire greyjoy family. THusly the greyjoys no longer are one of the seven great houses but Lorch house is elevated to become one of the greater houses.)
    Thats just the way I play though, this is our Story, not GRRM's anymore xD
    Elaena Velaryon
    Elaena Velaryon
    Admin
    Admin

Using OOC information IC Empty Off Topic

Post by Elaena Velaryon Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:33 am

I think that a grand idea Brigit, truly. What better way to roleplay our own version of Game of THrones then to simply do it our own way.

I believe its important for newcomers who do not know of the books or the show, to at least watch the show, or pick up a book, but they need not read every blasted book, they are expensive, and thick. God knows i owe the library a lot of money already, as its taken me 3 months and then some to finish Clash of Kings and I'm nearly done!

I'd be interested to see us role play it away from G.R.R.M's books, let it be more of a new venue.

Basketball
    Brigit
    Brigit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Brigit Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:35 am

I agree to do it in a separate "timeline" or "alternate history" as Aidan likes to say. Too though I do think the greater your scope of knowlege of the original GRRM works are invaluable to role-play. I'm over 60% finished with book 5, having read the first 4 already in order, I just have to say that knowing the books and what is and isn't in our scope of reality is very important. Also it adds a great deal to speach patterns, things we might eat, things that might be too fanciful for the role-play, as in what not to do... sometimes knowing what not to do is just as important as knowing what can be done. There is a lot of kenetic energy in this role-play, if we can just channel it in the right directions without controlling it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 am